AVI, formerly Australian Volunteers International, is one of two organisations delivering the Australian Volunteers for International Development (AVID) program, an initiative of the Australian Government.
We're really proud to have worked with the Australian Government for more than 50 years. During this time, AVI has helped send more than 10,000 Australians to live and work overseas. With 100 staff, nine offices globally and experience working in 89 countries, AVI has a proven track record of managing people in complex international settings.
Scope Global is the second delivery partner of the AVID program on behalf of the Australian Government.
AVI and Scope Global deliver the AVID program in the following countries:
- AVI: Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste, Solomon Islands or Tanzania
- Scope Global: Bhutan, Cambodia, Kiribati, Laos, Mongolia, Nepal, Philippines, Samoa, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Vanuatu or Vietnam
AVI and Scope Global are responsible for:
- planning and developing volunteer assignments in line with Australian Government development priorities for each country
- selecting, recruiting, briefing and mobilising volunteers
- supporting volunteers once they are on assignment
- providing debriefings for volunteers on return to Australia
- maintaining active alumni networks of returned volunteers.
Get to know us better
- Visit the Australian Volunteers for International Development (AVID) program website
- Visit the AVI website
- Visit the Scope Global website